Nata examination is the national level aptitude test in the domain of architecture. This examination is conducted by the council of architecture, or referred to as COA. It is set up and approved by the government of India were all professional conducts of the architecture are taken care off. This may relate to the standards of education or registration formalities are taken care off. Nata coaching class Chennai is a must to succeed in this exam as they tend to provide you with the professional competence and there is a host of Nata coaching classes in Chennai itself. To secure admission into the B.E architectural course you will have to clear the exam.
In this exam the basic skill sets of the candidates in the domain of architecture are tested. Nata sample papers are modeled taking these points into consideration. The drawing abilities of the candidate with maths, sense of proposition and analytical skills are tested. Nata 2017 is a one day based paper which is set forth all over the country.
- The date of the examination – 16-04-2017
- Medium of instruction – English
- There is no negative marks for any wrong answers as normally it happens in the case of competitive papers
- The duration of the paper is about 3 hours and it starts from morning 11 to 2 in the afternoon. All the Nata study materials ensure that each and every section is given due importance.
- The paper is split into two parts of 90 minutes each. In the first part, you need to answer 30 questions on general architecture, and 30 questions on maths. Each question carries 2 marks. All tends to be multiple choice answer questions with the OMR sheet provided to you which will be withdrawn after 90 minutes. The duration of this exam is from 11 to 12.30. Then we move on to part 2 where visual architecture and your skills on drawing are being probed. There are 40 questions where each of them carries 2 marks. You are given an answering sheet and you have to use an A4 paper with a pencil. To sum it up the entire paper is of 200 marks with 60 marks for maths or aptitude and 80 marks for drawing.
- More than one examiner evaluates the paper and a combined average is taken.
Nata training centre Chennai clearly lays down the eligibility criteria for the students who want to take part in this examination.
- Candidates who have gone on to clear or has appeared class 12 examination where Mathematics has to be one of the subjects
- On July 31st, 2017 your minimum age should be 17 years at least
- Candidates who have gone on to complete diploma after 10 + 2 are also eligible to apply
- No form of lateral admission to any category of this examination is possible
These are some of the basic information about the NATA examinations in general.