JEE - B.ARCH COURSES
JEE -B.ARCH COACHING
70 HOURS (17 DAYS) COACHING FROM 20.03.2019 TO 06.04.2019: FEES - Rs.13,500 including study material.
JEE Mains 2019 Paper 2 for B.Arch Admissions
JEE Mains B.Arch 2019 Paper 2 is conducted as one day offline exam but with 2 Attempts (one in january 2019 and the other in april 2019). NTA( National testing agency conducted the exam in an online mode entirely for the first time. The total number of candidates registered for paper 2 are 1,80,052 and the candidates who appeared in the exam are 1,45,386.
|JEE Main 2019 Paper 2||ATTEMPT - 1||ATTEMPT - 2|
|Application Starts from||01.09.2018||08.02.2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Sep 2018||07.03.2019|
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018||18.03.2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Paper 2||08 Jan 2019||07.04.2019|
|Declaration of Answer Keys||15 Jan 2019||To be announced!|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2019||30 Apr 2019|
JEE (MAIN) EXAM INFORMATION & RESULTS SCHEDULE
JEE (Main) – 2019 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) and Paper-2(B. Arch./ B.Planning). Depending upon on the course (s) candidates are seeking admission, may take Paper-1 B.E./B. Tech.), or Paper-2 B. Arch./ B. Planning), or both Subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below.
|S.NO||PAPER||SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MODE OF EXAM|
|1||Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry
|Objective type with
equal weightage to
Physics, Chemistry &
|Pen and Paper based
Exam OR Computer
|2||Paper 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)||
Mathematics – Part I
Aptitude Test – Part II
Drawing Test – Part III
Questions to test Drawing aptitude
|Only Pen and Paper
IIT-JEE (B.Arch) 2018 Entrance Exam Pattern
Total Marks : 390 Marks
Type of Questions
|Part I – Mathematics||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part II – Aptitude Test||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part III – Drawing Test||Drawing||2 Q x 35 marks = 70 marks|
Part – I : Mathematics
40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
Part – II : Architecture Aptitude
40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
• Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
• Objects, Texture related to Architecture and building environment.
• Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
• Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
• Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – III: Drawing
2 questions x 35 marks = 70 marks
• Three dimensional - perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast.
• Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
• Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
• Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
• Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
IIT - JEE B.Arch Advanced 2018
Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch. Programs
- Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) courses will have to PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). Only those candidates who have secured an all India / category rank in JEE (Advanced) 2016 are eligible to appear for AAT in 2017.
- Syllabus for this test is given in SYLLABI.
- Only those candidates who are desirous of opting for the B. Arch.program available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee as one of the choices while filling-in their choices online will be eligible to write AAT.
- Candidates must register online at the JEE (Advanced) portal for AAT.
- AAT will be conducted only at the seven Zonal IITs.
- The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- The question paper for the aptitude test will be available only in English language.
- No separate admit card will be issued for AAT. The original admit card of JEE (Advanced) 2018 should be produced in the AAT examination hall.
- Candidates should bring their own drawing and colouring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2017 will decide the cut-off marks for passing AAT.
- Results of AAT will be declared on the JEE (Advanced) 2017 online portal.
- Candidates securing marks above the cut-off will be declared as 'passing' the test. There is no separate ranking in the AAT. There is no separate cut-off for students of any category.
- Allotment of seat will be solely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2018.
IIT - JEE B.Arch advanced 2018 syllabus
ARCHITECTURE APTITUDE TEST
This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders etc.
Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity:
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of colour grouping or application.
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers etc..) in the related domain. Candidates are advised to bring geometry box sets, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons for the Aptitude Test.